Countywide & Sun - Connecting you to the community where you live, work & play!

NRC To Add A Safe Room To Campus

 

December 6, 2018

North Rock Creek Schools is adding a 5,000 square foot safe room to their campus. The Pottawatomie County Board of County Commissioners approved the use of education sales tax monies for the project at the meeting Monday, Dec. 3.

"This is a FEMA project," said Dist. 1 Commissioner Melissa Dennis. "This is really a neat thing and I'll let them explain it."

"We applied for a safe room that FEMA will fund 75 percent of and we are responsible for the remaining 25 percent," said NRC superintende...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.




 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018