Third Death in Pottawatomie County reported today: April 11, COVID-19 SITUATION UPDATE
April 9, 2020
April 11, 2020 – For the second day in a row, a fatality in Pottawatomie County has been reported due to COVID-19, bringing the local total to three deaths and 25 positive coronavirus cases now confirmed, according to the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH).
A local female, aged 65 or older, is among six new deaths reported in Oklahoma today. The five other deaths reported by OSDH today are all aged 65 or older and include three in Cleveland County, two females and one male, and two in Oklahoma County, one male and one female.
The past seven days has seen 56 new fatalities reported across the state, for a current total of 94. More than 700 new cases have been reported in Oklahoma since April 4, for a current total of 1,868 confirmed positive coronavirus cases - an increase of 74 today. Fifteen counties still show no confirmed cases of the virus, according to OSDH.
The peak impact of COVID-19 in Oklahoma has been estimated to hit on April 21, according to a model released yesterday, April 10, by the OSDH.
New daily deaths are forecasted to be 22 on April 21, for a cumulative statewide total of 469 fatalities.
The number of new cases on April 21, is projected to be 436 for cumulative statewide total of 9,300 cases.
In the hospital setting, the estimated model predicts 131 new admissions at the peak, with 915 people inpatient that day, including 448 in ICU.
The model was based on continued compliance with social distancing practices through May 1.
CURRENT RESOURCES AVAILABLE:
• SSM Health is currently offering free virtual evaluations at http://www.ssmhealth.com/StopTheSpread.
• For mental health, a disaster distress helpline is available by calling 1-800-985-5990.
• Drive-thru testing beginning at 1 p.m. is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays in downtown Shawnee, at Community Health Shawnee Family Medical Center, 130 N. Broadway, Suite 30. Appointments are preferred by calling 405-395-0300 to pre-register.
• Drive-thru testing is also available by appointment, 405-273-2157, at the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Community Development Corporation, 1545 S Gordon Cooper Dr.
• For a complete list of testing sites across the state, visit http://www.coronavirus.health.ok.gov/drive-thru-testing.å