April 20: COVID-19 SITUATION UPDATE
April 16, 2020
April 20, 2020 – New cases reported today total 81 statewide, along with three additional fatalities, according to the COVID-19 report by the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH). Total confirmed cases is now 2,689, with 143 total deaths.
New deaths confirmed include one male, aged 50-64 from Caddo County, and two males, aged 65 or older from Cleveland County.
No change in data was reported for Pottawatomie County by OSDH today. Total county cases still stand at 36 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 4 deaths and 22 recovered patients, leaving 10 known active cases.
Throughout the rest of the county, OSDH data reflects the following: four cases in McLoud, with three recovered; three recovered in Asher; two recovered in Tecumseh; one recovered in Earlsboro; and one active positive case in Maud.
The state's new online "Symptom Tracker" shows 3,912 Oklahoma residents reporting symptoms, 2,420 female and 1,492 male. Of the nearly 4,000 reports, 1,142 citizens reported fever as a symptom. Cough was reported by 2,989, headache by 2,573, difficulty breathing by 2,225, muscle aches by 2,144, chills by 1,829, diarrhea by 1,263, abdominal pain by 1,061, and vomiting by 525.
In Pottawatomie County, 86 citizens have reported symptoms, with an average age of 38.5. A breakdown by city shows: Shawnee (74801), 33; Shawnee (74804), 20;Tecumseh, 10; McLoud, 10; Meeker, 7; Earlsboro, 2; Macomb, 2; Little Axe, 2; Asher, 2; Maud, 1. To report symptoms, call 211 or visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov/symptom-tracker.
• SSM Health is offering free virtual evaluations at http://www.ssmhealth.com/StopTheSpread.
• For mental health, a disaster distress helpline is available by calling 1-800-985-5990.
• Drive-thru testing is available is available by appointment, as tests are available, in downtown Shawnee, at Community Health Shawnee Family Medical Center, 130 N. Broadway, Suite 30. Call 405-395-0300 to pre-register and set an appointment.
• Curbside testing is also available by appointment at the Pottawatomie County Health Department by calling 405-273-2157.
• For a complete list of testing sites across the state, visit http://www.coronavirus.health.ok.gov/drive-thru-testing.